Wow, I made it to day 7!!!
7 days, definitely more than 7 hours and 13 items. If I had stuck to the 1 hour a day, it would be 7 hours, but I just cant do that. I spent a heap more than that...but I don't mind because I
love it am addicted!!
It looks quite impressive when its all laid out. (missing is one pair of hip hop harems and a vest)
Elijah's haul!! 6 items in total (1 pair of harems given away as he refused to wear them. dinosaurs are very scary didn't you know, they might eat you!!)
Brylie scored 4 items.
and poor little Portia, only managed to get 3 items made for her...ah well she gets heaps when I'm delevoping a new pattern as its easier to make in a smaller size!
Pattern: Singlet pattern from yesterday (which is in the design process now and will be in testing soon)
Size: 4 years
Fabric: Black is a re purposed t-shirt of my husbands and the red is a t-shirt of mine.
Today I made Elijah another singlet like this one, and this time I tried my hand at some colour blocking.
and I was surprised that it actually wasn't too hard.
I just cut the front piece out of the red top and cut out the section I wanted to be black. then I used the red piece I wasn't using and laid it on the black and cut around it, adding seam allowances where needed.
Then all I had to do was sew them together and voila, I had a front piece to work with.
This T-shirt was a prize my husband won, it was a conselation prize to a big prize of a boys weekend away...which he didn't win. But I reckon it makes the cutest singlet for Elijah and I'm not sure if Jonny even wore it so its pretty much brand new.
I love the back <<
We had a lovely walk around Mt Maunganui this afternoon/evening, and a climb around on the rocks. My cheeky boy is getting really good at letting me take photos. He really gets into it now.
We also found a few rocks that were perfect for a "posing" shot!!
At the end of the walk the kids enjoyed a nice play in the sand until the sun went down. What a fun afternoon.
I'm going to be modifying the pattern a wee b it tonight as its not quite perfect yet. What I want to do is
~ Lower the front neckline
~ Reduce the thickness of the ribbing
~ Add a few more cm to the length so I can do a double turned in hem.
~ Lift the shoulders up 2cm so that they sit on top of the shoulder rather than hanging over it. (though in saying that I really do like this cut and it keeps the sun off those little white shoulders) So I'm thinking there will be to armhole cut lines in the pattern.
Fun playing with their shadows.
Thank you for checking out my KCW sewing adventure this season, be sure to check it out next time. I will most certainly be joining in again. Its so much fun.